- August 14, 2015
- Breend Post
Unlike most advertising types, Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is not about an interruption marketing form. While ads are everywhere (i.e. T.V, radio, metro signs, malls, newspapers etc.), the techniques that are commonly used, aiming to draw attention and deliver a basic message, often appear to fail, just because people are occupied with something else at that specific moment. In a different manner, search engines present ads, only after a user has already searched for relevant content, reflecting their exact interests and needs. Thus, this proves to be an amazing opportunity for brands to attract customers, when they are actually most likely to engage with your product or service.
Search Engine Marketing is about utilizing search engines (i.e. Google, Bing, Yahoo etc.) to reach your audience directly, while Search Engine Advertising is more about marketers paying for ads, to appear in search engines when a user types in specific words and/ or phrases (as per D. Meerman Scott, 2013). SEM employs search engine optimization (SEO) tools, optimizing website content, in order to achieve higher rankings in search engine results pages, or makes use of pay per click (PPC) listings. Google AdWords is considered to be the most popular Advertising platform in Bulgaria.
Google AdWords is about bidding on keywords and phrases and is connected to the brand’s budget, i.e. what the company is willing to pay for each one clicking on an ad, along with the Click Through Rates (CTR).
Breend is one of the best qualified Intelligent Performance Marketing agencies, praised for implementing successful SEM campaigns for attractive brands. As our Head of Search Department explains: “We drive users directly to their target and this requires regular and sophisticated campaign optimization and commitment”.
Do you think your Brand can make it happen? Do follow our advanced tips:
1. Determine your objectives: AdWords is about generating sales and raising awareness, so make sure that it’s clearly set what you want your audience to do (call, purchase, subscribe etc).
2. Your ad text and banner should have a clear call to action. Try to think as your own customer and target in the most appropriate way.
3. Include negative keywords, so as to ensure that your ad doesn’t appear to users who most likely find it irrelevant.
4. Build strong landing pages. Inform and attract your users via simple and elegant landing pages. These should always mirror the style and tone of voice of your brand.
5. Go Mobile. Mobile devices are everywhere and you just need to have customized content and designs for your mobile campaigns.
6. Check & Improve! Make sure there is a Google’s certified specialist confirming that your ad is best performing and carrying out strategic optimization.
Can’t wait to boost your online sales? Contact us and get started!